- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 pounds cold sushi-grade yellowfin tuna, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Chinese hot mustard
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely grated
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Canola oil, for brushing
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 tablespoons julienned pickled ginger (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Soy Glaze (found on Custom Distributors Recipe Page)
- Thinly sliced scallions, for serving
- Baby lettuce, for serving
- Sliced tomatoes, for serving
Step 1: In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, soy sauce, sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons of the Sriracha.
Step 2: In a food processor, pulse one-third of the tuna at a time just until finely chopped; transfer to bowl. Repeat with remaining tuna.
Step 3: Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Mix the Chinese mustard, garlic, 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper into the chopped tuna. Using lightly moistened hands, form the tuna into six 4-inch burgers. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the burgers over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred on the outside and rare in the center, about 3 minutes total.
Step 4: Spread both halves of the buns with the Sriracha mayonnaise. Set burgers on the buns and top with the pickled ginger. Drizzle 1 1/2 teaspoons of Soy Glaze and 1/2 teaspoon of Sriracha on each burger. Top with scallions, lettuce, tomatoes, and serve.
Enjoy these delicious spicy tuna burgers from Chef Kathy!