- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup cubed or crumbled feta cheese, for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, for serving
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. When the oil shimmers, add the chicken and sear until golden, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a large plate.
Step 3: In the same pan, combine the butter, garlic, and orzo and cook until the garlic is fragrant and the orzo is toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the wine to the skillet and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the chicken broth, artichokes, green olives, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
Step 4: Return the chicken and any collected juices to the pan. Transfer to the oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Step 5: Divide the chicken and sauce among six plates, top with feta and fresh dill, and serve.
Enjoy this flavor-packed meal from HalfBakedHarvest!