- - FOR THE LEMONY SNAP PEAS -
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- - FOR THE WHIPPED RICOTTA -
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- - FOR SERVING -
- 2 slices thick-cut toast, such as sourdough
- Fresh mint leaves
Step 1: In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, shallot, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt.
Step 2: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add snap peas and let cook undisturbed, until undersides are golden and charred, about 3 minutes. Transfer peas to bowl with lemon juice mixture and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Make Whipped Ricotta: In a food processor or blender, combine ricotta and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Blend briefly to combine, then, with the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and continue processing on high speed until the ricotta is smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
Step 4: Spread or pipe whipped ricotta onto toasts, spoon peas on top, and garnish with mint leaves.
Enjoy this fluffy whipped ricotta toast, courtesy of Delish!