- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: Avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions, or fresh cilantro leaves
Step 1: In a small bowl, combine the chicken, sour cream, and 3/4 cup salsa. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
Step 2: Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with half the tomatoes, minced cilantro, and half the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, tomatoes, and cheese.
Step 3: Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F until bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings.
Enjoy this simple & quick Tex-Mex casserole from Taste of Home!