- 1 cup kidney beans, cooked
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels, cooked
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomato, with juices
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Avocado, chopped, for serving
- Cilantro, fresh, for serving
Step 1: Heat a non-stick pot or skillet and fry the garlic and onion over medium-high heat until translucent, stirring frequently.
Step 2: Add the bell pepper and celery and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
Step 3: Add the smoked paprika and cumin, stir to combine.
Step 4: Add the sweet corn, chickpeas, kidney beans, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth and stir to combine.
Step 5: Bring to a boil over medium heat, then simmer uncovered over low heat for 20 minutes, until it thickens.
Step 6: Season with salt and pepper to taste, add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
Step 7: Serve warm topped with avocado and fresh cilantro. Add rice or quinoa for a full meal!
Enjoy this easy one-pot chili from The Daring Kitchen!