- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Step 3: Shave the carrots with a Y-peeler or mandolin slicer.
Step 4: In a mixing blow, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, tahini, smoked paprika, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Step 5: Add shaved carrot and gently stir to coat with the spice mix.
Step 6: Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes, at least.
Step 7: Arrange the carrot slices on a baking sheet, in a single layer.
Step 8: Place into the oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
Step 9: Bake the carrots for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Step 10: Cool before serving.
Enjoy these smoky, crispy “bacon” strips from The Daring Kitchen!