- - BAJA TACOS -
- 3 cups (7 1/2 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 mango, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chile
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 head cauliflower (1 pound), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8-12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 recipe cilantro sauce (instructions below)
- - CILANTRO SAUCE -
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dairy-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Step 1: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees F. Combine coleslaw mix, mango, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
Step 2: Spray rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil spray. Combine coconut and panko in a shallow dish. Whisk coconut milk, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon salt together in bowl. Add cauliflower to coconut milk mixture; toss to coat well. Working with 1 piece of cauliflower at a time, remove from coconut milk, letting excess drip back into bowl, then coat well with coconut-panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere; transfer to prepared sheet.
Step 3: Bake until cauliflower is tender, golden, and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping cauliflower and rotating sheet halfway through baking.
Step 4: Divide slaw evenly among warm tortillas and top with cauliflower. Drizzle with cilantro sauce and serve.
Enjoy these easy vegan tacos from The Splendid Table!
Cilantro Sauce: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.