- 4 tablespoons The Spicy Olive's Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 pound beef chuck, or pot roast
- 1 cup carrots, in chunks
- 1/2 cup red wine, or beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoons A-1 Sauce
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
Step 1: Place the Tuscan Herb olive oil in a heavy Dutch oven pan and heat over medium to medium-high heat.
Step 2: Place beef roast in a pan and brown on all sides.
Step 3: Add shallot and garlic and allow to lightly brown, then add mushrooms and cook until tender.
Step 4: Add red wine or broth, water, A-1 Sauce, tomatoes, potatoes, and carrots to Dutch oven.
Step 5: You Can Finish the Roast in Three Ways:
- Option 1: Stove top over low heat for 3-4 hours.
- Option 2: Crock pot on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Option 3: Oven set at 250-300 degrees F for 2-3 hours.
Step 6: Roast will be very tender when done. Serve with red wine, a salad and a loaf of crusty bread with Organic Tuscan Herb olive oil & Traditional balsamic for dipping.
Enjoy this tender & delicious pot roast courtesy of The Spicy Olive!