- 1 can (15 ounces) READ-brand 3-bean salad
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 peeled garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pinches salt, plus more to taste, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste, divided
- 3 small carrots, trimmed, peeled, and diced
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Parmesan rind (optional)
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 9 - 10 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Jarred pesto, for serving (optional)
Step 1: Drain and rinse bean salad; set aside.
Step 2: In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onions, garlic, and 1 pinch salt; sauté until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add carrots, celery and zucchini with remaining pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp tender, 5-7 minutes.
Step 3: Stir in tomatoes. Add Parmesan rind, if desired. Cook about 10 minutes until most tomato juice evaporates. Pour in vegetable broth. Bring to boil. Add tortellini; cook 2 minutes, or just until tender. Stir in bean salad and spinach. Cook 2-3 minutes to heat through.
Step 4: Season with additional salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve garnished with pesto, if desired.
Serve alongside Housetrends‘ Gourmet Grilled Cheese with Pickled Beets!
Original recipe from Rachael Hartley Nutrition