- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 Thai basil sprigs
- Zest of 1 lemon, peeled in 3-inch strips
- Zest of 1 orange, peeled in 3-inch strips
- 2 bottles chilled Pinot Grigio
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, strained
- Chilled club soda
- 12 thin orange slices, for garnish
Step 1: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the basil sprigs and lemon & orange zests. Let the syrup stand, stirring often, until cooled to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Discard the basil sprigs and zest strips.
Step 2: In a large pitcher, combine the basil syrup with the wine, brandy, and orange juice. Pour the sangria into ice-filled glasses, top with club soda, and garnish each drink with an orange slice.
Enjoy this white-wine sangria from Food & Wine!