- 2/3 cup dried fine bulgur
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided, from 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped, about 1 cup
- 1/2 English cucumber, seeded and chopped, about 1 cup
- 3 green onions, chopped, about 1/3 cup
- 1 cup finely chopped curly parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
Step 1: In a large bowl, mix the bulgur with the water, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt until moistened. Let the bulgur rest for about 20 minutes.
Step 2: In a small bowl, whisk the remaining lemon juice and Kosher salt with olive oil.
Step 3: Add the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, parsley, and mint to the bulgur. Drizzle with the dressing and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Taste for seasoning before serving and add more salt or lemon juice as needed.
Enjoy this classic Lebanese salad from Foodie Crush!