- 6 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 1/4 cups uncooked farfalle (about 6 ounces bow tie pasta)
- 2 cups finely chopped yellow squash
- 2 cups finely chopped zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsely
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Step 1: Bring broth and water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add pasta, and cook 8 minutes or until almost tender. Add squash and the next 7 ingredients (through black pepper). Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until pasta is done and squash is tender. Sprinkle with cheese and basil, and serve immediately for best results.
Enjoy this easy & delicious soup from MyRecipes!