- 1 cup (5 ounces) plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 12 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded (3 cups)
- 1 1/4 pounds frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 large eggs
Step 1: Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9″x13″ baking dish with vegetable oil spray. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne together in a bowl. Add broth and eggs and whisk until smooth. Stir in spinach, Gruyere, onion, and garlic until combined.
Step 2: Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until browned on top and bubbling around the edges, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Cut into 32 equal-sized squares. Serve warm.
Enjoy these easy-to-make spinach squares from Chef Kathy Damm!