- 1 fresh apple, cubed
- 1 fresh pear, sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seed kernels, toasted
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash, cubed (optional)
- 1 package baby arugula or fresh mixed greens
- 1/4 cup The Spicy Olive's Cranberry Pear White Balsamic vinegar (or Maple Balsamic)
- 1/4 cup The Spicy Olive's Extra Virgin Olive Oil, mild
Step 1: Place pecan pieces and pumpkin seed kernels in a dry sauté pan over medium heat and sauté until lightly toasted. Watch closely as nuts burn quickly. Remove from heat when toasted and fragrant.
Step 2: Place greens in a salad bowl. Top with apples, pears, pecan pieces, pumpkin seeds, sliced onion, blue cheese crumbles, and if desired, roasted butternut squash cubes.
Step 3: Whisk together The Spicy Olive’s Cranberry Pear White Balsamic and extra virgin olive oil until completely incorporated and slightly thickened.
Step 4: Pour balsamic vinaigrette over salad. Toss evenly to coast & serve.
Enjoy this easy customizable salad from our friends at The Spicy Olive!