- - FOR THE SALAD -
- 6 cups salad greens; spinach, arugula, kale, or mixed greens
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries, washed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted
- - FOR THE DRESSING -
- 3/4 cup The Spicy Olive's Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or The Spicy Olive's Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon The Spicy Olive's Champagne & Roasted Garlic Mustard
- 3/4 cup The Spicy Olive's Wild Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Step 1: For the Salad: Place salad greens in a large serving bowl. Top with berries, avocado, and red onion.
Step 2: For the Dressing: Place mustard into a small mixing bowl. Add blueberry balsamic and whisk together. Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the balsamic mixture, whisking constantly until olive oil and balsamic are completely mixed & dressing begins to thicken. If you used The Spicy Olive’s Lemon Olive Oil you may not need the lemon zest. If you used a single varietal olive oil, add the lemon zest and whisk to incorporate.
Step 3: Pour the salad dressing over the prepared salad greens and toss to evenly coat. Top salad with walnuts and serve.
Enjoy this superfood salad from our friends at The Spicy Olive!