- 1 (2 1/2 to 3-pound) spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Step 1: Position racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 450 degrees F.
Step 2: Place squash cut-side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave, uncovered, on high until the flesh is tender, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively, place squash halves cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degrees F oven until the squash is tender, 40 to 50 minutes)
Step 3: Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccolini, garlic, and red pepper (if using); cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add water and cook, stirring, until the broccolini is tender, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to a large bowl.
Step 4: Use a fork to scrape the squash from the shells into a bowl. Place the shells in a broiler-safe baking pan or on a baking sheet. Stir 3/4 cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper into the squash mixture. Divide it between the shells; top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
Step 5: Bake on the lower rack for 10 minutes. Move to the upper rack, turn the broiler to high and broil, watching carefully, until the cheese starts to brown, about 2 minutes.
Enjoy this low-carb spaghetti squash lasagna from EatingWell!