- One 15-ounce can refried beans (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces (3 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (about 2 1/4 cups), bones & skin discarded
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One 16-ounce jar medium-spicy tomato salsa
- Twelve 6-inch corn tortillas
- Sour cream and pickled jalapenos, for serving
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Stir together the beans, oregano, and 1 cup cheese in a bowl. Add the chicken, season with pepper and stir until evenly combined.
Step 2: Stir the salsa together with 1 cup water in a bowl, then transfer 1 cup to cover the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Stack the tortillas, wrap them in damp paper towels and microwave until warm and pliable, about 15 seconds.
Step 3: Arrange the tortillas on a workspace, then divide the chicken filling among the tortillas (about 1/4 cup filling per tortilla). Roll the tortillas up like a cigar, then transfer them to the baking dish seam-side down, positioning the rolls so that the dish is filled evenly. Press the rolls gently with your hands so they begin to soak up the sauce. Pour the remaining salsa mixture over the rolled tortillas, then sprinkle with the remaining 2 cups cheese.
Step 4: Bake the enchiladas until the cheese melts and the enchiladas are hot in the center, about 30 minutes. Serve hot with sour cream and pickled jalapenos.
Enjoy these quick enchiladas from FoodNetwork!