- - FOR THE RED PEPPER MAYO -
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (packed) coarsley chopped and drained roasted rep bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- - FOR THE BURGERS -
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 18 ounces canned salmon, drained, picked through, flaked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 hambuger buns
- 1/3 cup drained roasted red bell peppers, cut into 1/4" strips
Step 1: Make the Red Pepper Mayo: Blend mayonnaise, bell peppers, capers, lemon juice, and salt in a blender, scraping down the sides if needed, until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl.
Step 2: Cook and Assemble the Burgers: Mix breadcrumbs, pepper, and 1/2 cup red pepper mayo in a large bowl. Gently fold in flaked salmon. Divide mixture into 4 patties about 1/2″ thick and 4″ wide.
Step 3: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Working in batches, cook buns, cut side down, until golden brown and toasted, about 2 minutes. Divide among plates.
Step 4: Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet. Cook salmon patties until golden brown and heated through, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer burgers to bun bottoms. Spread about 2 teaspoons red pepper mayo over burgers. Arrange bell pepper strips over, then top with bun to close.
Do Ahead: Red pepper mayo can be made 5 days ahead. Store in a resealable container and chill. Burger patties can be formed 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Enjoy these delicious salmon burgers from Epicurious!