- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, zested
- - FOR THE DRESSING -
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Step 1: Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil; add quinoa and salt, stir, cover saucepan with a lid, and reduce heat to low. Simmer mixture until quinoa is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat, let quinoa rest for 5 minutes, and transfer quinoa to a bowl to cool.
Step 2: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook uncovered until tender but still crisp, 2 to 3 minutes; drain in a colander and immediately immerse asparagus in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process. Drain.
Step 3: Stir asparagus, feta cheese, almonds, green onions, parsley, thyme, and lemon zest into quinoa.
Step 4: Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, honey, garlic, Dijon mustard, and black pepper together in a bowl until dressing is smooth. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture and stir gently to combine.
Enjoy this fresh & delicious salad from AllRecipes!