- 4 cups shredded pizza cheese blend or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 32 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Additional pizza sauce for dipping, warmed, optional
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine the cheese, sausage, pepperoni, peppers and onion. Stir in pizza sauce until combined. Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water and roll up tightly to seal.
Step 2: In a Dutch oven or deep cast-iron skillet, heat 1-2 inches of oil to 375 degrees F. Fry pizza egg rolls until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. If desired, serve with additional pizza sauce.
Enjoy these irresistible pizza rolls from Taste of Home!