- 3/4 cup milk (cow's, almond, coconut, or soy)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (honey may also be substituted)
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup rolled old fashioned oats (avoid using 1-minute or quick cooking oats)
- 2 teaspoons jelly or jam (whatever flavor you like)
- 1 tablespoon peanuts (chopped)
Step 1: Whisk together the milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt in a mason jar or another airtight container.
Step 2: Add the oats to the milk mixture and stir until completely combined. Make sure to scrape the sides so that everything is incorporated. Place the lid on the container wen you are done mixing!
Step 3: Place the container in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours and ideally overnight. It will be softened and completely ready to go in the morning. You can heat it up if you like, but it tastes delicious cold and then you avoid any cooking whatsoever.
Step 4: Add the jelly to the top of the oats and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
Enjoy this easy, ready-to-go snack from TheSpruceEats!