- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound spicy (or sweet) Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern Beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup ditalini pasta (or other small shape)
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
Step 1: In a large, deep pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in onion, carrots, and celery & cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
Step 2: Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper, then add in beans (with their liquid), diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, then stir in ditalini.
Step 3: Reduce heat to medium, and cook until pasta is al dente, about 8 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Step 4: Serve in bowls garnished with Parmesan and parsley.
Enjoy this delicious pasta dish from Delish!