- 12 medium jalapenos
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 12 hickory-smoked bacon slices, cut in half
- 24 wooden picks
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes.
Step 2: Stir together cream cheese, chicken, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Spoon 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons chicken mixture into each jalapeno half, spreading to fill each cavity. Wrap each half with a bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place poppers on a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
Step 3: Bake in preheated oven until bacon begins to crisp and chiles are softened, about 25 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil, and broil until bacon is crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy these perfect party snacks from Southern Living!