- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomato
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can green chilies
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 3 cups water & 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, for serving
Step 1: In a large pot, fry beef and drain excess fat. Add in the onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
Step 2: Add in all the spices, beans, chilies, tomatoes, and broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
Step 3: Garnish with shredded cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Enjoy this flavor-packed one-pot chili from Alyona’s Cooking!