- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 pound sweet Italian bulk sausage
- 1 1/2 pounds tortellini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 24 ounces white mushrooms, caps and whole, cleaned with stems removed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 4 scallions, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup sherry or dry white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- Grated Parmesan, for topping
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Adjust your oven rack to the middle position.
Step 2: Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large, deep pan over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage until done; about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Don’t wipe out the pan!
Step 3: Add the mushrooms to the pan, still over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring regularly, until very tender and reduced in size; about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic, scallions, and parsley and cook for one minute more.
Step 4: Add the sherry and stir to incorporate. Let that cook for a minute or two, stirring. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the broth, followed by the cream cheese, allowing it to fully melt into the sauce. Add the cooked tortellini and sausage into the pan and toss everything together gently to coat and mix. Top with a generous handful of grated Parmesan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or just until bubbly and the cheesy peaks begin to crisp and brown. Garnish with extra scallions and parsley, if you like.
Enjoy this easy & delicious skillet bake from MyKitchenLittle!