- - FOR THE WAFFLES -
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup The Spicy Olive's Lemon Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, for topping, optional
- - FOR THE FRESH STRAWBERRY-BALSAMIC COMPOTE -
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup The Spicy Olive's Cara-Cara Orange-Vanilla White Balsamic
- 1 cup white sugar
Step 1: For the Compote: Place the sugar and 1/2 cup balsamic in a heavy duty 2-quart pan or larger. Heat over medium heat, swirling occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the strawberries and cook at a simmer until the strawberries begin to lose shape and become a chunky sauce, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Step 2: For the Waffles: Preheat a standard or Belgian waffle maker.
Step 3: Beat the eggs in a large bowl with a mixer or by hand until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, Lemon Infused Olive Oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, & vanilla, just until smooth.
Step 4: Grease the preheated waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix into the now-ready waffle maker. Cook until golden brown.
Step 5: Serve right away with strawberry-balsamic compote and a dollop of whipped cream.
Enjoy these deliciously fruity waffles from our friends at The Spicy Olive!