- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine or spaghetti pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons oliveo oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (9 ounce) package basil pesto (3 tablespoons set aside)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 tablespoon set aside)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Step 1: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta to boiling water; cook until al dente according to package directions. When pasta is done, drain well and keep warm.
Step 2: Meanwhile, cook chicken. In a large saucepan, combine butter, oil, and garlic over medium-high heat. When garlic begins to sizzle, add chicken cubes; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Stir over medium heat until chicken is almost cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in cream and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low.
Step 4: To the chicken mixture, add all but 3 tablespoons of the pesto, pour in 3 tablespoons lemon juice, the lemon zest, peas, and Parmesan cheese. Toss over medium heat until chicken is thoroughly cooked and the mixture is hot.
Step 5: Place the warm pasta in a serving bowl and top with chicken mixture. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons pesto with the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Drizzle over the pasta and chicken and serve immediately.
Enjoy this delicious lemon pesto pasta from TheSpruceEats!