- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup large egg whites (about 7)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- - LEMON GLAZE -
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into lemon mixture until smooth. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the lemon mixture.
Step 2: Pour into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely. Remove cake to a serving platter. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake.
Enjoy this easy lemon chiffon cake from TasteOfHome!