- - FOR THE CAKE -
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated Key lime zest
- 2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- - FOR THE FROSTING -
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated Key lime zest
- 1 tablespoon Key lime juice
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Lime slices, optional
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lime zest, vanilla, and lime juice. Add flour alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Transfer to prepared pan.
Step 2: Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, lime zest, and lime juice until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar. Spread over cooled cake. If desired, garnish with lime slices and additional zest.
Enjoy this easy-to-make pound cake from TasteOfHome!