- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 links andouille sausage, sliced crosswise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces penne
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Chopped parsley, for serving
Step 1: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and peppers and cook until soft, then add sausages and cook until browned. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add chicken. Season with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring often, until chicken is golden and cooked through.
Step 2: Add penne and stir, then pour in diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmer until pasta is al dente and almost all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Step 3: Stir in heavy cream and cheddar until melty.
Step 4: Serve with Parmesan and parsley.
Enjoy this Louisiana favorite from Delish!