- 3-4 slices jalapeno
- 3 slices fresh ginger root
- 2 ounces Tequila (Blanco preferred)
- 3/4 ounce orange liqueur (Cointreau preferred)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sea salt, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, for garnish
- Jalapeno slices and a lime wedge, for garnish
Step 1: Prepare the glass. On a plate, mix together sea salt and lime zest. It is recommended to mix together using your fingers so you can pinch and crush the two together.
Step 2: Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass Dip the glass into the sea salt and lime zest mixture. Set aside.
Step 3: Prepare the margarita mix. Add a few pieces of jalapeno and ginger to the bottom of a cocktail shaker; then pour in simple syrup.
Step 4: Use a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon to smash the jalapeno and ginger root into the simple syrup.
Step 5: Next, add ice to the cocktail shaker and pour in the tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice. Shake vigorously.
Step 6: Add a few more ice cubes to the prepared glass. Then strain the margarita mixture into the glass.
Step 7: Garnish with a few jalapeno slices and a wedge of lime. Serve immediately.
Enjoy this spicy & delicious margarita from InspiredByCharm!