- 1 (19 ounce) package Italian sausage links, casings removed (Johnsonville Italian Mild recommended)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups unseasoned cubed bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
Step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until it is no longer pink, then drain.
Step 2: Remove sausage from skillet; set sausage aside. In the same skillet, melt butter.
Step 3: Add the celery, onion, green pepper and garlic; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
Step 4: In a very large bowl, combine the sausage, celery mixture, cubed stuffing, cheese, olives, and seasonings.
Step 5: Add chicken broth and eggs, toss to combine.
Step 6: Spoon into a buttered 3-quart baking dish. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
Step 7: Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a meat thermometer inserted into the center reads 160 degrees F.
Enjoy this Italian sausage stuffing from AllRecipes this Thanksgiving!