- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
Step 1: In a small bowl, beat the ricotta, cream cheese, sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy. In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form; fold into ricotta mixture.
Step 2: In another bowl, combine the pineapple, pie filling and remaining vanilla. In a 3-quart trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, arrange the two packages of ladyfingers over the bottom and up the sides.
Step 3: Layer a third of the ricotta mixture, a third of the pineapple mixture and half of the remaining ladyfingers. Repeat layers once. Layer remaining ricotta and pineapple mixture. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Enjoy this deceivingly simple dessert from Taste Of Home!