- Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 piece (1 1/2-inch) peeled fresh ginger, diced
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Roasted or steamed carrots for side dish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil; lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, ginger, & garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat; simmer 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool marinade to room temperature.
- Place fillets in an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish. Pour cooled marinade over fillets, turn to thoroughly coat each piece. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Transfer fillets to the prepared pan. Place marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a small bowl.
- Roast fillets at 400 degrees for 5 minutes; remove pan from oven.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Brush fillets with reserved 2 tablespoons marinade; broil 1 to 2 minutes or until fillets are done and glazed on top. Serve fillets over rice; drizzle with remaining marinade.
Takes approximately 30 minutes to prepare, serves 4. Enjoy!