- - FOR THE BREAD -
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder/flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- - FOR THE FROSTING -
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Step 1: Make the Bread: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a large bowl, whisk together butter, banana, eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, maple syrup, and milk.
Step 3: Sift coconut flour, arrowroot, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda over the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Wait for 2 minutes, then whisk again.
Step 4: Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 45-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Step 5: Remove from oven and allow to sit in the pan, on a cooling rack, for 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto the rack and allow to cool completely.
Step 6: Store any leftovers, well-wrapped, in the refrigerator prior to frosting.
Step 7: Make the Frosting: Place all ingredients in a small bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until completely smooth. Spread on top of bread or use as a spread for each slice.
Enjoy this delicious, healthier pumpkin bread from The Pioneer Woman!