- 4 medium green tomatoes (about 2 pounds total), sliced 1/2" thick
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for grill and drizzling
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Zest of 1 lemon (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon agave or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Flaky sea salt, optional
Step 1: Season tomatoes on both sides with 1 teaspoon Kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, mix goat cheese, cream, lemon zest, agave, red pepper flakes, and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper until well combined. Spread on a platter or plate.
Step 3: Preheat a gas grill to high; clean and oil grates. Grill tomatoes until well charred but not overly soft, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Step 4: Arrange tomatoes over goat cheese mixture. Drizzle with oil, then top with basil, sea salt (if using), and red pepper flakes.
Enjoy these grilled green tomatoes from Delish!