- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 ounces fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup dried figs, quartered
- 1 medium carrot, shaved
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toss together walnuts, cayenne, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt on a small baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside.
Step 2: Whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
Step 3: Toss together chickpeas, arugula, figs, and carrot in a large bowl. Top with goat cheese and toasted walnuts. To serve, place 2 cups salad in each of 4 bowls; drizzle evenly with dressing.
Enjoy this delicious salad from CookingLight!