- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) cooked corn beef, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dill weed, divided
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 round unsliced loaf (1 pound) sourdough or rye bread
- Assorted vegetables and crackers
Step 1: In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, corned beef, onion, parsley, 1 tablespoon dill and seasoned salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Step 2: Trace a large shamrock pattern onto a piece of waxed paper; cut out. Place on loaf. Carefully cut out and remove shamrock; set aside. Hollow out loaf, leaving a 1/2-inch shell. Cut removed bread and cutout shamrock into cubes. Fill shell with dip; sprinkle with remaining dill. Serve with bread cubes, vegetables, and crackers.
Enjoy this Irish bread-bowl dip from Taste of Home!