- 6 cups water
- 2 (12 ounce) cans cream soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup butterscotch syrup, divided
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups spiced rum
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Gold sanding sugar, for serving
Step 1: In a crock-pot, combine water, cream soda, sugar, butter, 1/4 cup butterscotch, cinnamon sticks, vanilla, and salt. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, until warm and butter is melted. Remove lid and stir in rum.
Step 2: Pour remaining butterscotch syrup onto a shallow plate. Dip rims of mugs in syrup before filling with butter beer. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with sanding sugar, and serve.
Enjoy this delicious crock-pot butter beer from Delish!