- - FOR THE CLAM DIP -
- 1 (8 ounce) can minced clams
- 1 clove garlic (cut in half)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground black pepper
- Optional: pinch of cayenne pepper
- - FOR THE HOMEMADE PITA CHIPS -
- 2 (6 inch) pita loaves
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash of Kosher salt (to taste)
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Clam Dip Preparation: Step 1: Drain the minced clams, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid.
Step 2: Rub a medium serving bowl with the cut sides of the garlic halves.
Step 3: In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth & creamy.
Step 4: Add the remaining ingredients to the cream cheese along with the reserved 1/4 cup of clam juice. Stir until the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
Step 5: Spoon the clam dip in the serving bowl. Cover & refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Pita Chip Preparation: Step 1: Slice the two 6-inch pita loaves in half horizontally and brush each round (on the rough side) with about 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil. If desired, sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt and garlic powder.
Step 2: Slice each of the four rounds into 6 or 8 wedges. Arrange the wedges on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Step 3: Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
Step 4: Cool and store in an airtight container until serving time.
Enjoy this crowd-pleasing appetizer from TheSpruceEats!