- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup whole corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup white hominy
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips, or to taste
- 2 medium avocados, sliced, or to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, or to taste
Step 1: Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, condensed broth, water, chili powder, and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
Step 2: Stir in black beans, cooked chicken, corn, hominy, chile peppers, and cilantro. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, and top with crushed tortilla chips, avocado slices, Monterey Jack cheese, and green onions.
Enjoy this hearty soup from AllRecipes!