- 4-6 medium Russet or Idaho potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1-2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar or gruyere cheese
- Kosher salt & black pepper
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
Step 2: Cut the potatoes using a mandolin or very sharp knife into 1/8-inch thin slices.
Step 3: In a large bowl, stir together the butter, oregano, thyme, garlic, both cheeses, and a large pinch of both salt & pepper. Add the potatoes and toss well to coat. Layer the potatoes evenly among the prepared muffin tin, stacking the layers all the way to the top. The potatoes will shrink down as they cook.
Step 4: Cover with foil and place on a baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue cooking another 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden. Run a butter knife around the edges of each stack to release them. Serve immediately, sprinkled with a little sea salt.
Enjoy these crispy, cheesy potato stacks from Half-Baked Harvest!