- 2 cups milk of choice, dairy or non-diary
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, optional
- 1 pinch of salt, optional
- Whipped cream, dairy or non-dairy, for serving
Step 1: In a saucepot, combine milk and cardamon pods.
Step 2: Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low immediately and simmer for 10 minutes. Do not allow the milk to boil. Let the milk infuse for 10 minutes more.
Step 3: Strain the milk into a clean saucepot. Heat the milk again over low heat.
Step 4: Stir in the chocolate, and vanilla & salt if using.
Step 5: Cook, on low, until the chocolate is melted.
Step 6: Pour the hot chocolate into a serving glass and top with whipped cream if desired.
Enjoy this homemade spiced hot chocolate from The Daring Kitchen!