- 1 1/3 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 2/3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 pound large or jumbo shrimp, peeled & de-veined
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted & divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Cajun seasoning, see below
- Parsley, chopped, for serving
- - FOR THE CAJUN SEASONING -
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Step 1: Whisk together all of the ingredients for the Cajun seasoning. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic, half of the Cajun seasoning, and the rice.
Step 2: Stir in broth, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring 1 to 2 times throughout.
Step 3: While rice is cooking, prepare the shrimp by stirring together remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and remaining Cajun seasoning. Pour over shrimp and toss to coat.
Step 4: Stir shrimp into the rice, cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer until shrimp is pink and opaque. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired & serve.
Enjoy this spicy, flavorful Cajun skillet from Creme De La Crumb!