- 2 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- 2 teaspoons New Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chile de arbol
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, clarified and melted
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Step 1: Stir together the paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, chile de arbol, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
Step 2: Place the egg yolks and lemon juice in a medium stainless steel bowl, set over a pot of simmering water not touching the bottom of the bowl. Whisk the yolks until pale yellow and fluffy. Slowly add the clarified melted butter, a few tablespoons at a time and whisk until thickened. Season the sauce with 2 teaspoons of the spice mixture, salt, and pepper, and a dash Worcestershire sauce. Keep warm until ready to use.
Enjoy this spicy hollandaise from FoodNetwork!