- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups milk (2% recommended)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ounce Kahlua or 1/2 ounce Bourbon
- Optional: Whipped cream and caramel for topping
Step 1: In a saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the milk, whisking often (about 3 minutes).
Step 2: Once melted, add the rest of the milk, the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spice and stir vigorously to incorporate.
Step 3: Pour a small amount of the hot chocolate into two serving glasses, add one ounce of Kahlua OR one-half ounce of bourbon (bourbon is much stronger in taste). Top off with hot chocolate, stir and then top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and more pumpkin pie spice (optional).
Enjoy this boozy hot chocolate from the Minimalist Baker!
Note: Use non-dairy milk and non-dairy white chocolate to make this recipe vegan friendly.