- - FOR THE BLACKENED SALMON -
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 (6- to 7-ounce) pieces salmon, pin bones removed, skin-on
- 2 tablespoons oil
- - FOR THE TACOS -
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/4 cup tomatillo avocado salsa, or sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into small wedges
Step 1: Make the Salmon: In a small bowl, combine the spices. Put the mixture on a plate or other flat surface and coat the portions of salmon, one at a time, on the flesh side only. Heat a large heavy-bottomed pan or cast-iron skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Add the salmon flesh side down. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the skin is crispy. Once the salmon has slightly cooled, peel the skin away with a fork and shred into large chunks.
Step 2: To Assemble: Char the tortillas on the stove-top (gas stoves only) until the edges are lightly burnt. Fill each tortilla with lettuce, tomato, onion, about 1/2 of each salmon fillet, a sprinkle of cilantro, a squeeze of fresh lime, and a drizzle of sour cream or salsa.
Enjoy these delicious salmon tacos from Gimmie Delicious!