- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cans (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 1 can (14 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 mango, diced
- Jalapenos, cilantro, and lime wedges for serving
- - JALAPENO YOGURT -
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Step 2: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and sweet potato and cook until it begins to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the turkey and cook until cook through, breaking up the meat as it cooks, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in the chipotle chile powder, cumin, and a large pinch of both salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup of water to the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally until the water is evaporated.
Step 3: Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro, green chiles, and black beans.
Step 4: Arrange the chips in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the chips and then spoon over an even layer of the turkey. Add the remaining cheese. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Step 5: Meanwhile, make the yogurt. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, jalapeno, lime juice & salt. Taste and add salt if needed.
Step 6: To serve, top the nachos with mango, cilantro and jalapeno yogurt.
Enjoy this delicious nacho tray from HalfBakedHarvest!