- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup wild brown rice blend
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange honey (or 2 sticks Fresh Thyme orange honey)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Step 1: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray. Place sweet potato cubes and beet wedges on prepared pan. Coat evenly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once halfway through. Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
Step 2: In a medium saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat halfway and simmer, covered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Set aside and cool.
Step 3: For balsamic vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together canola oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, and pepper.
Step 4: Just before serving, place baby spinach and rice in a large bowl. Toss with 3 tablespoons of vinaigrette. Arrange mixture on serving platter. In the same bowl, combine sweet potatoes, beets, pecans, and remaining dressing. Top bed of spinach and rice with sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese & serve immediately.
Enjoy this nutritious winter salad from Fresh Thyme!