- 2 pounds beef chuck (fat trimmed away), cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups dry red wine, such as Pinot Noir
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Mashed potatoes for serving ("The Best Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes" from HalfBakedHarvest)
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine the beef, flour and a pinch each of salt & pepper. Toss to coat.
Step 2: Scatter the bacon into the pressure cooker pot and, using the sauté function, cook, stirring frequently, until the fat has rendered and the bacon is crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pot and drain onto a paper towel-lined plate. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease.
Step 3: Add the beef to the pot and, using the sauté function, cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Stir in the onion, garlic, carrots, mushrooms, and a pinch of salt & pepper. Pour in the wine and beef broth, then add the tomato paste, thyme, and bacon. Stir to combine. Lock the lid in place, select high pressure, and cook for 35 minutes.
Step 4: Quick or natural release, then open when the pressure subsides. Remove the thyme sprigs and discard. Using the sauté function, cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes more.
Step 5: Serve the beef bourguignon over mashed potatoes (we recommend The Best Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes). Store any leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Enjoy this delicious & easy pressure-cooker meal from HalfBakedHarvest!